At Opticos Design, we like to think big and believe in the transformative power of beautiful, sustainable, walkable communities for all. We are looking to hire a Marketing/Proposal Coordinator to join our game-changing team of urban designers, architects, and strategists. This role will build upon the foundation we have and continue to challenge us to think and communicate our story in a compelling way through a variety of mediums. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with our Principals and leadership team in supporting the day-to-day marketing and business development, proposal and interview strategies, and lead generation through graphic communications.
- Implement digital marketing production: social media, the quarterly newsletter, email announcements, blog posts and website updates.
- Produce compelling written and graphic content for marketing collateral to use for strategic messaging and campaigns.
- Assess, process, and nurture inbound leads and RFPs.
- Coordinate proposals, statements of qualifications, and letters of interest.
- Submit for industry awards, speaking proposals, and sponsorships.
- Manage the production to packaging efforts on all proposals.
- Create and update cut sheets, presentations and related marketing materials using existing InDesign templates and brand standards.
- Compose and maintain staff resumes, project descriptions, and boilerplate information.
- Collaborate with project managers and principals to prepare submissions and update portfolio.
- Facilitate PR inquiries and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate special projects/events, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, related degree, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing.
- Proficient with Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite, WordPress, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other relevant social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of contact management systems.
- Knowledge of a broad real estate development audience – from government agencies to private developers and builders is highly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, graphic, and verbal communication skills; professional, yet approachable in corresponding with clients, the media, the public, and colleagues.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Responsive to last minute requests and able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Stellar work ethic, self-motivated, and a demonstrated penchant for ownership and getting the job done.
- Great attitude, natural leadership, and a sense of humor.
YOU are eager to jump in and join a close team working in a driven and fun environment.
YOU have a passion for helping people.
YOU are a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
YOU are an avid communicator.
YOU are innovative, self-motivated, and want to make an impact in our unique industry.
YOU are flexible and can pivot to turn an idea into a plan of action.
Benefits and Perks
- Environmentally and socially conscious organization
- Engaging and supportive staff culture
- Convenient location in downtown Berkeley close to public transportation
- Full benefits and paid company holidays
- Hybrid: Work from home/in-office
- Dog friendly
Process to Apply
Send a cover letter with what excites you about this role and your lived experience, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Opticos encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.
Opticos Design is passionate about finding new solutions to the most challenging housing and community issues of our time: How do we build walkable communities that support social, mental and physical health while improving resiliency and promoting equity? How do we help cities evolve, celebrating the existing community while avoiding unwanted gentrification? How do we encourage walkable communities in a car-centered culture? Our team of thought leaders is celebrating over 20 years of tackling these issues, including creating the international Missing Middle Housing movement in 2010 and work on the country’s largest car-free community. Our successes have been featured in many high-profile publications including the New York Times, Fast Company, Washington Post, Wired, NextCity, and San Francisco Chronicle. Principal Dan Parolek recently released the book Missing Middle Housing: Thinking Big and Building Small to Respond to Today’s Housing Crisis.
We are a founding B Corporation, which means we have pledged to run our firm with a focus on social, environmental and economic responsibility: a triple bottom line. This commitment informs everything we do, from the projects we work on to the pencils we use. And we work hard to practice what we preach – shopping locally, committing to being anti-racist and inclusive in all that we do, living small and biking, walking or taking transit to work.