We’re looking a highly-motivated design enthusiast, who is energized by complex problem-solving. Working with a cohesive team of designers, you would be responsible for creating designs, strategies and solutions that clearly illustrate urban and building design concepts. This role is for someone with a passion for walkable, bikeable, transit-oriented places, a dedicated team player, and a great communicator who loves to engage in order to improve any process.
- Generate compelling presentation drawings that clearly illustrate design concepts in the Opticos style, via hand drawing and computer rendering.
- Assist in developing master plan and building design sets, Specific Plans, Form-Based Codes, and other architecture and planning designs and documents using Opticos’ standards and templates, and participate in the continuing development of these templates and standards.
- Support Project Managers and other team members with urban design and architecture projects.
- Assist with research and development projects.
- Provide outstanding service and responsiveness to clients and vendors.
- Maintain accurate timesheets with daily record of time spent by project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional-level degree in Architecture and 2-3 years’ experience in an architecture or similar firm or Masters-level degree in Architecture or similar field.
- Strong design skills in both architecture and urban design.
- Commitment to work toward accreditation by a professional organization in planning or architecture.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; SketchUp; VectorWorks; Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid problem solving, design, and time management skills. Able to interpret and apply complex policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
- Experience in document writing and editing.
- Solid interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; articulate and professional, yet service-oriented and approachable.
- Self-motivated with stellar work ethic and a demonstrated penchant for ownership and getting the job done.
- Great attitude and sense of humor.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter with what excites you about this role and your lived experience, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.