to Build Sustainable, Livable Communities
Simply put, we know how to design good, urban buildings that effectively engage, define, and activate the streetscape, and that respond to the surrounding context. We also specialize in traditional styles of architecture rooted in the history, climate, and culture of a region, and clients love our ability to practically apply our knowledge to create buildings that seamlessly fit into the community. Our expertise enables clients to create great buildings that reinforce high-quality, walkable urban environments, effectively respond to a market that is demanding living choices in these walkable urban places, and capture the value that is inherent in providing those choices.
Clients often approach us when they want to explore innovative options for a non-typical or legacy project, to build a strong brand associated with high-quality, walkable urban places, or when they want an architect who speaks the language of planning staff and understands the voices of the community.
Our architecture work ranges from creative, multi-unit housing types (focused on Missing Middle Housing) to commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our portfolio also includes pavilions, amenity buildings, and civic/public buildings that reinforce walkable urban places. Specific services include:
- Site selection for walkable urban projects and infill in walkable urban contexts
- Site capacity studies/due diligence, with a strength in challenging sites
- Full architectural services encompassing design and project management
- Design architect services in collaboration with production-oriented firms
- Missing Middle Housing unit plan design
- Design review and consultation to improve the design of existing urban project plans
- Public engagement to build support for a project